shared API for double-entry accounting, treating it as a 'math' library.

Joar Wandborg joar at wandborg.se
Wed Jan 29 14:20:18 EST 2014

In the end I think it will be the *API* that should be set in stone, not
the implementation.

The plan at the moment is to leave the choice of storage in the
accounting-api reference implementation open. The current development
version uses ledger-cli although in a flawed manner which means it may
take several minutes to load the transaction data from disk.

The reference implementation features the following as of this writing:

- A small AngularJS front-end.
- A REST transaction API.
- A REST JSON "de-facto"(it's in the code) format specification.

The current documentation is located at
http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/accounting-api/. The code is at
https://gitorious.org/conservancy/accounting-api/.

The reference implementation and proof-of-concept clients are written in
order to find out what the *API* should look like. Everything in the
reference implementation could be subject to change until we have found
something that works well enough and we may start working on writing the
specification. If you have criticisms on the way it works today, tell us
- Preferrably via this mailing list.