GSoC 2014: testing frameworks for Ledger-CLI (was Re: [GSOC]14)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Thu Feb 27 09:13:17 EST 2014

Anulesh, I admire your eagerness and early-birded-ness :).

As for your question:

Anulesh Tiwari wrote at 04:01 (EST) on Wednesday:
>> Can I use other testing tools like googletest or cppunit?  Any
>> pointers about the good testing framework?

For Ledger-CLI, I think it's possible to use any Free Software testing
framework under a non-copyleft license should be fine.  The Ledger-CLI
folks prefer anything in the core to be non-coyplefted (although
copylefted stuff is allowed in contrib/ ).

However, I did chat with the Ledger-CLI upstream maintainer, and he
wants to be really sure that whatever framework gets used for testing,
that the old tests still work.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, President, Software Freedom Conservancy