reproducible, & possibly configurable rounding

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu May 8 13:25:42 EDT 2014

On 05/08/2014 08:03 AM, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
>> ???
>> > Ledger is written in Python
> I respond with ??? in response, since Ledger-CLI is written in C++. :)

Sorry, I looked up ledger-cli on github and found an implementation in
Python.  I'd assumed that that was the core project; apparently not.

I will argue that fixing ledger-CLI's rounding problems should be out of
scope for this project, a waste of time and money.  If it has rounding
issues, then the answer is to abandon ledger-CLI for something else, or
reimplement it using code which supports fixed-point arithmatic (maybe
even that Python project I found).  Ledger-CLI's functionality is not
that complex.

This whole project is in serious danger of being consumed by yak-shaving.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.