reproducible, & possibly configurable rounding

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Sat May 10 11:49:32 EDT 2014

Tim Schofield wrote at 06:48 (EDT) on Friday:
> The real concern is that there is a policy for the above situation and
> that it is kept to.

Yes, I think that's the key issue: the issue of being able to explain
how rounding occurs and where and what the policy is.

Ledger-CLI uses integer rationals (fractions) for all internal
accounting so it's perfectly accurate internally.  However, the
reporting side is a minor but serious issue because the reports
are what the accountants actual see (after all, even printing the
values to the screen is a "report" in Ledger-CLI).

We're discussing over on the ledger-cli how to make ledger more
configurable for this.   That's what Tripun is now focusing on.
--
   -- bkuhn