shared bank download/reconciliation API

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon May 12 15:56:46 EDT 2014

On 12/05/14 21:50, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 09:37:55PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> Is anybody aware of other middleware for solving this problem?
>
> If your financial institution does OFX (version 1), ledger-autosync
> is supposed to be pretty good.  Unfortunately it's not packageable
> in Debian due to https://bugs.debian.org/704980 , so I have not
> tried it.

Thanks for the feedback.  I notice this is specific to ledger - this is
an example of the type of problem I'm hoping to get away from.  Every
solution (GnuCash, ledger, etc) seems to be duplicating the effort to
parse OFX or whatever.

OFX is quite widespread in the US but abroad it is another story.  With
Postfinance there is no download option - I have to use a browser plugin
to extract the HTML table to a CSV file.  If I code something to help me
with those CSV files I wouldn't want to do it just for one accounting
package.