FYI OpenPetra.org

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu May 7 16:18:53 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I just thought I would send you this information of another opensource
fund accounting project that has already been started. It is called the
"OpenPetra Project" and is licensed under the GPL licence.

I wonder, seeing as our present endeavour has pretty well slowed to a
crawl, would it be in our interest to take a look at the OpenPetra
project  and add our efforts to that project, or even adopt a fork of
that project? It looks like the closed sourced version "Petra" is
already being used by a group called "Open Mobilisation" and in over 80
countries.

At this point, the OpenPetra Project is still in alpha stage and it
looks like it would need a little help to get it to the level that we
would most likely need for what we would consider a proper "Fund
Accounting" software package.

Would this be a possible new direction that we could explore?

Also FYI, I am not a dev, so I would not be able to gauge as to how much
work would be involved to help more the OpenPetra project to a more
stable Fund Accounting level of software. But, to me, the project looks
promising. The code is there and already at an advanced stage, the user
GUI looks also quite good.

Cheers,

Marc

--