Scope of this phase of npoacct

Brett Smith brett at sfconservancy.org
Wed Aug 31 18:52:10 UTC 2016

On 08/31/2016 02:51 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> It is very likely that you will need to write some custom code to implement the workflow you want.  However, once your workflow reaches the point where an expense is fully validated, would you be satisfied to push it into an existing A/P solution or do you want to code an alternative to A/P and then create journal entries directly?

Daniel,

I just posted our requirements for the system
<http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/Reimbursements/Requirements/>, and
hopefully it makes clear that we’re flexible on this point. We imagine
organizations would be interested in deploying it with a variety of
systems, and we’d be happy for it to either push to a more general or
accounting-oriented A/P system, or have it be the organization’s main
A/P interface and have it write directly to the books.

Best regards,

​
--
Brett Smith