CiviCRM extension Git repository with base code

Brett Smith brett at sfconservancy.org
Mon Oct 10 19:30:09 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a little quiet on the list for a while, so I thought it
would be good to share a progress update with you as soon as it made
sense. And I think now it does: I just published a Git repository with
my initial work on a CiviCRM extension for a payment system
<https://k.sfconservancy.org/NPO-Accounting/civipay>.

This is pretty much the bare minimum interesting amount of code. All it
does is set up the concept of a payment request (as a kind of “case” in
CiviCRM), define who’s related to those cases (the “client”—requester in
our parlance—and the bookkeeper), and the different states the request
can be in. Combined with CiviCRM’s stock behavior, this already covers a
number of our functional requirements around keeping track of state and
notifying participants about state changes.

It’s not a lot. It took some time just to familiarize myself enough with
CiviCRM (and PHP!) to get ready to start doing the development. But I
thought this made sense as a starting point, before diving into the more
development-heavy work of defining expenses of a request and their
corresponding validations.

Please take a look, and let us know if you have any questions, ideas
about next steps, or areas where you’d like to contribute.

Thanks,

​
--
Brett Smith