COI: non-PLC/Conservancy people and software development contract drafting

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Mon Mar 5 10:15:50 EST 2012

Ian Lynagh wrote at 20:57 (EST) on Sunday:

> Then if I understand correctly, a non-PLC person may help draft a
> proposal and then apply for the contract, but a PLC person cannot.
>
> If so, that seems odd to me.

Why?  It makes sense to me because the PLC person is a decision maker
for the project, the non-PLC is not.  Decision makers have to be held to
a higher standard.

> If you think it's fine as-is then that's fine.

Well, if you do think there's something wrong with the way it's written,
I want to make sure I've fully understood your concern.  This policy
will apply to all projects, so we want to be sure everyone on the PLCs
are comfortable with the policy.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy