Handling "Basic Economy" flight fares with hidden a-la-carte fees

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Thu Feb 14 03:44:27 UTC 2019

"Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn at sfconservancy.org> writes:

> I'm not sure how to solve this problem.

I'm not either.  Based on the various flight searches I've undertaken in
recent months, it's a clear and present problem.  But the only thing I
can immediately think of is to re-phrase the rules to say things like
"the least expensive fare that includes at least one checked bag" and
so on... and that's problematic because it's not always easy for someone
less skilled in travel planning to figure out all those details without
substantial loss of hair, increase in blood pressure, etc.

Bdale