FOSSY videos are out!

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Thu Sep 14 16:41:40 UTC 2023

                    FOSSY videos are out!

Social media:
  https://social.sfconservancy.org/notice/AZlP6ljahVyfyxq7jk
  https://twitter.com/conservancy/status/1702361353976160543

The recordings from FOSSY are now up! You can check them out on the
Internet Archive [0]. We have over 100 talks from 19 tracks, from
speakers coming from over 12 countries. It was such an incredible first
year conference and we're so happy to share the presentations with you.
We'll be highlighting specific talks over the comings days, so be on the
lookout on our social media [1].

During the four days of the conference, there were a wide variety of
talks from speakers with a range of experience and backgrounds, and
amazing community focused discussions. Featuring wide ranging topics
such as a panel discussion about software coops [2], what is life like
without a smartphone [3], and thinking about FOSS from a systems theory
perspective [4]. Our track organizers brought together communities from
all over, and led by example choosing speakers, topics and setting up
panels for important conversations. There is definitely a talk that will
interest you, whether you are interested in nonprofit board structure
[5], an introduction [6] to Reproducible Builds [7] or maybe you are
looking to have more nature adventures with free software [8].

It was a privilege and honor to make space for the community to
(safely!) come together and have the critical and community building
discussions in real time. Our modest expectations for the conference
were blown away by the passion, expertise and graciousness of the
speakers and community. And while we cannot replicate the energy of the
hallway track, there's plenty of video content to get your fill on until
next year! If you want to get the hallway track experience, you can join
us on xmpp:general at chat.sfconservancy.org?join which is also bridged to
the IRC channel #conservancy on libera.chat

Thank you to all the people that came out for our first conference and
made it an incredible event. A special thanks to local Portland
non-profits Open Signal PDX [9] and Friends of Noise [10] who provided
AV for the conference. And a huge thanks to our sponsors! [11] If you
are interested in sponsoring next years conference, please get in touch
with us at conference at sfconservancy.org.

[0] https://archive.org/details/@sfconservancy
[1] https://social.sfconservancy.org/conservancy
[2] https://archive.org/details/fossy2023_Panel_Lets_talk_about_coops