[FOSSY-attendees] Welcome to FOSSY 24!

FOSSY Organizers conference at sfconservancy.org
Thu Aug 1 03:57:40 UTC 2024

Welcome to the second Free and Open Source Software Yearly (FOSSY)!

We're so excited you can join us in Portland again this year for a long
weekend of community building, learning and dreaming up our collective
digital future.

Things to note!

The conference is happening at the Smith Memorial Student Union at
Portland State University (1825 SW Broadway) on the third floor:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/40487771

Registration starts at 10:45 but the opening remarks aren't
happening until 13:45, so feel free to check in and then get lunch
around the venue and join back up (if folks want to meet up to find
people to lunch with, that should be a good place to do it).

There will be coffee and snacks in the afternoon. On Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday we will have a continental breakfast in the morning
and coffee and snacks in the afternoon.

Masks are optional, but we highly encourage them and will have a
variety available at registration

  * There is a balcony outside the ballroom and two wings on the third
  floor to hang out on

  * We will be designating a masking only portion of each room to allow
  more comfort for those with masks

  * Between each session we will post CO2 levels for the rooms to give
  attendees more information about the state of the rooms

  * We will have a small number of COVID tests available at the
  registration desk.

  * While we're excited to see you, if you're not feeling well, please
  stay home or in your hotel and rest.

There is a meeting room that we will be letting people reserve for
public BoF (birds of a feather) sessions

If you'd like to mark a room for a BoF, see the front desk and we'll
have a whiteboard to track what is happening there at what time

Tomorrow (Thursday) night at 19:00 is the social event at Punch Bowl
Social (340 SW Morrison St. Suite 4305 Portland, OR 97204,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7134560577) which is about a 15
minute walk away - please register at the conference ahead of time and
bring your badge to get into the event. All ages are welcome (the venue
does not become 21+ until 10pm).  We'll have some food, and there are
many games, bowling and karaoke. There will be a cash bar.

Our Code of Conduct Team
https://2024.fossy.us/attend/code-of-conduct/ will be wearing **blue
hats** and you can get ahold of them at the registration desk or by
email at conference at sfconservancy.org.

We have a FOSSY chatroom that's bridged from IRC on libera.chat
#fossy and XMPP xmpp:fossy at chat.sfconservancy.org?join

You can also share thoughts and media from the conference with
#FOSSY24, and we'll be posting some from
@conservancy at social.sfconservancy.org on Mastodon.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach our team at
conference at sfconservancy.org

So excited to see you all tomorrow!
  -FOSSY Organizing Team

PS: Apologies for the unsubscribe notice if you came last year, but you
are resubscribed for this year!