Kallithea CI Service Proposal

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Wed Jul 9 10:16:09 EDT 2014

Tim,

Thanks for putting this effort in!

Tim Freund wrote at 01:39 (EDT):
> I'm building a Jenkins server to test Kallithea changes, but I wanted
> to run it by the group before I got too far to make sure I am not
> duplicating any effort with others.

I admit we had some talk of using Buildbot, I assume because as Python
developers, most of the developers are more familiar with that then
Jenkins.

I haven't mentioned on this list yet, but Mads Kiilerich is on vacation
this week, and he's been contributing a lot to Kallithea and is part of
its leadership committee.  We definitely want his input before making
final decisions on what infrastructure we'll use.

Mads will be back next week and we can discuss this further.  Please
ping again on this thread in about a week if you haven't seen further
replies from anyone.

I suspect that if you're offering to setup and maintain the CI server,
that there won't be too many objections, but I don't think any of us
want to make a final decision without Mads' input.

> I’m happy to pay for the hosting of the CI service,

That's very nice of you!
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy