merging approved pull requests

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 05:49:12 EST 2014

Hi Mads,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Jan Heylen <heyleke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to setup a POC Kallithea system to be able to do code review.
>
> what I did:
> * setup a repo A
> * fork rep A to A'
> * clone A', make changes, push changes, amend changes, force push changes,
> all to A'
> * create a new pull request from A' to A
> * approve the pull request, close the pull request

I have some additional questions regarding such review workflow:
- is the described workflow a recommended one, in particular the need
to force push changes? Or do you suggest something else?

- when the developer modifies his changes based on review comments
(using histedit or commit --amend for example) and issues a new pull
request according to the described workflow, the old anonymous branch
would remain on the A' repo. Currently there is no way to delete it,
unless if an administrator goes into that repo and strips the changes
manually. Is that correct?
What about making it possible to delete associated commits when
closing/deleting a pull request in Kallithea?

- currently the creation of pull requests is an administrative action
on the web interface. Are there plans to create a command-line helper
/ mercurial extension that handles the pushing and creation of the
pull request towards Kallithea?

Thanks,
Thomas