merging approved pull requests

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Dec 3 10:39:33 EST 2014

On 12/03/2014 04:31 PM, Jan Heylen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to setup a POC Kallithea system to be able to do code
> review.
>
> what I did:
> * setup a repo A
> * fork rep A to A'
> * clone A', make changes, push changes, amend changes, force push
> changes, all to A'
> * create a new pull request from A' to A
> * approve the pull request, close the pull request
>
> but never in this workflow, there is something that make me merge the
> changes from the pull request into A. Is this something that needs to
> be done manually by the user who created the pull request? Or is there
> some other workflow for code reviewing that would work better with
> Kallithea way of working?

Yes, currently you have to do the merge manually.

Personally I like it that way. I like to keep history clean and would
not like to get it merged automatically. But I agree that it would make
sense to have that as optional functionality. Patches are welcome ;-)

Rebasing workflows and evolve will also give different opportunities in
this area and redefine the problem.