Mercurial hook support

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Fri Jan 16 06:18:04 EST 2015

(cc list)

On 01/14/2015 11:03 PM, John Tran wrote:

> I can’t get hgrc [hooks] to work using Kallithea, that general works
> using hgweb.  After doing some research, my impression is that I
> should be using the hooks configuration via the web ui?  If that is
> the case, it appears that support for hooks is all repos or none,
> therefore, no way to specific hooks for each individual repo?

That is correct. I am not sure I like it, but that is how it currently
is. It do make it possible to do "everything" through the web. (Except
that the hooks has to be placed on the server manually. So meh ...)

In my hooks I look at the working directory to determine which repo
triggered it and behave accordingly.

There is a patch for making it configurable per repo,
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-request/39/allow-to-enable-or-disable-hooks-on-a-per/diff
. We will take it when we are ready to change the database format. I
assume it is working just fine and you can use it in production ... and
help out testing it. (Or to put it differently: we will not introduce
the change in Kallithea before we think it is ready for production, and
testimonials of it being used in production is thus very helpful ;-) )