New UI & licencing

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Tue Jan 20 15:28:35 EST 2015

On 01/20/2015 08:56 PM, Michael V. DePalatis wrote:
> On 01/20/2015 08:16 PM, Paul Nathan wrote:
>> I would rather have plain CSS than the latest contraption which will
>> be out of date in 12 months

Yes, but what we have now was out of date years ago. Anything reasonably
sane will be an improvement.

> I think it partially depends on what you mean by "plain CSS." If you
> mean something fairly minimal and not in the way, then yes, that is
> exactly what is preferable.

Yes, the css we have now has a lot of special handling of special, bad
or inconsistent markup in templates ... or workarounds for how styling
was done in other places. I am sure it could be simpler and more
"semantic" and consistent. That will make both maintenance and further
improvements much simpler.