unwanted auto status update of commits on pull request update

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:54:12 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Jan Heylen <heyleke at gmail.com> wrote:
> So can I also conclude that this is to be considered a bug?
>
> I'll try to dig into it, if you can be a bit more specific what to look for ;-)
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>> On 01/26/2015 06:01 PM, Jan Heylen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I noticed following behavior:
>>> When updating a pull request (adding a new commit), without changing the
>>> other commits in the pull request, Kallithea automatically updates the
>>> status of the original commits, back to 'under review'.
>>

>> It is a consequence of the broken data / database model. Try to dig into it.
>> Lots of fun there ;-)

Possibly related to this issue, I notice that the comment count as
visible on the commit overview of the original pull request overview
page (after having created an update) corresponds to the comment count
of the new pull request commits (even for these commits that did not
change).
When you open such commit, the comment count is correct.

For example:
- v1 of the review had 3 comments on a particular commit. The overview
of v1 shows '3' next to this commit.
- v2 is created. The overview of v2 now shows '1' next to the commit,
caused by the 'Auto status change to Under Review' comment.
- however, v1 now *also* shows '1' next to that commit, instead of '3'.

In fact, correct behavior (assuming we like the
preserve-comments-on-the-same-commits), would be to show '3' in both
v1 and v2.