a per-user "has-been-viewed" flag for commits

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:29:48 EST 2015

On 10 Feb 2015 04:33, "Jan Heylen" <heyleke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>

> > I notice that PRs and comments pretty much corresponds to a 'forum'.
People
> > might have different policies for what they want to see, what they want
> > see again, what they don't care about, which follow-up comments they
want to
> > see, etc.
> >
> > It is on my todo-list to implement some 'this comment requires
follow-up'
> > functionality.
> That is true, but that is helpful in the review-EE his context, not in
> the review-ER his context.

I think the forum analogy still holds, but in the "unread notifications"
sense.

So you could flip the notion on its head and have PRs, and individual
threads within the PR marked as "unreviewed" by default, and then as you
view the files, they each get marked as read.

That perspective gives a rich set of UX precedents to draw from - not just
the "reviewed" checkboxes in the Gerrit UI, but also the "automatically

Cheers,
Nick.