YUI remainders

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:15:48 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 8 Feb 2015 23:56, "Tymoteusz Jankowski" <tymoteusz.jankowski at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> For datatables there is jqgrid:
>>>
>>> http://www.trirand.com/blog/?page_id=5
>>
>> For Beaker-project.org, we switched from our original old server rendered
>> tables to Backgrid (Backbone in general has proven very useful for
>> introducing richer client side widgets into an existing application).
>>
>> More details: http://backgridjs.com/
>
> Next to jqgrid and backgridjs, there is also datatables:
> http://www.datatables.net/
> It only requires jQuery, no other dependencies, whereas backgridjs
> (although I have not used it) additionally requires backbone.js and
> underscore.js.

Which direction should we go here? Plenty of alternatives, any preference?

My first need would be the pull request overview page, but it makes
sense to decide on one data table implemention that can work for all
use cases, including the existing YUI ones...

Thanks,
Thomas