admin stuff behind apache https doesn't work (seems urls use http and not https) "Object Not Found"

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Mar 30 08:55:15 EDT 2015

On 03/30/2015 02:33 PM, Monty Hall wrote:
> When I edit a user and hit "save" I get the following:
>
> edit page: https://saes03/repos/_admin/users/6/edit
> returned page after hitting "save":
> http://saes03/repos/_admin/users/6/edit
>
> The following is the reponse I get after hitting "save"
>

>   Object not found!
>
> The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL
> manually please check your spelling and try again.
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
> <mailto:%5bno%20address%20given%5d>.
>

>     Error 404
>
> saes03 <http://saes03/>
> Apache
>

> The problem it appears is that the same URL is being returned but as
> "http" and not "https"  Any way to resolve this?  I followed the
> instructions on the website and I can access the repos, etc.  Any advice?

Kallithea will return the correct URL if the WSGI server is providing a
correct WSGI environment with wsgi.url_scheme set correctly.

There must thus be a problem in your wsgi setup. The documentation
suggests many different setups so it is hard to tell what is wrong in
your setup.

Alternatively, you might be able to use some built-in hacks in Kallithea
- see http://docs.kallithea-scm.org/en/latest/setup.html#https-support .