Issues after switching to HTTPS

Brian almondb at
Thu Apr 16 19:36:35 EDT 2015

Hello list - Kallithea is new to me, though I used Rhodecode for some time.

I installed Kallithea yesterday using a pretty vanilla production.ini file
- specifying the host and port.  Logging into it remotely using the admin
account worked fine.

I then configured LDAP using START_TLS connection security, and confirmed
that it was working correctly.  I had a couple users log in, and using the
admin account checked that they were created in the users table (by viewing
the Admin > Users page).

Today I setup HTTPS, and verified that it was correctly working along with
LDAPS.  (This was something of a learning experience - first time working
with cert files.)

Shortly after verifying that I could access the site using HTTPS, I
discovered something odd.  The Admin > Users page no longer listed any
users.  Admin > Users Groups no longer showed any groups (I had setup a
lone "developers" group).  I could still log in using my domain account,
but similarly pages with object lists were all empty.

Another wrinkle is that using an admin account, the admin journal does show
entries.  So it shows my users group getting created, despite the fact that
Admin > Users Groups pulls up a blank list.

No error messages in the log file, aside from the occasional SSL handshake

Switching the production.ini settings back to regular HTTP causes it to
behave properly again.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the kallithea-general mailing list