[RFC] Search box

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Apr 26 16:23:56 EDT 2015

On 04/26/2015 09:17 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Redirecting to a search 'page' in order to be able to enter search
> terms is not very user-friendly and makes searching harder than it
> should be.

Yes, it would be weird if that search page only contained one input
field. I do however not see how a click to a new page with an input
field is any harder than a click that reveals an input field.

But you can search several different things from the input field and the
search page makes it clear what you are searching and how you can change
the search.

It doesn't do a very good job at it, but it is easier to improve the
functionality on a page than when it has to be done where it can be put
on any page without using any space or resources.