DXR-like source indexing and browsing

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu May 7 08:44:22 EDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 02:38 PM, Nochum Sossonko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would there be any interest in integrating a DXR-like browser/indexer?
> See http://dxr.mozilla.org for an example of a running DXR system, it
> is invaluable in large projects with a lot of code to wade through.
> Integrating into Kallithea would give you the awesomeness of Kallithea
> together with DXR source browsing/indexing, which IMO would put
> Kallithea over the top as a highly integrated SCM.
>
> DXR is written in Python, as is Kallithea, so integration should be
> moderately straightforward (although I doubt easy). If there is some
> strong interest in this, I may consider contributing towards this
> (although not sure how much or how far I can get myself).

That sounds great. I guess it somewhat would duplicate / replace the
existing whoosh based searching and file browsing.

Full cross referencing is big. I hope it can be done in a way where it
also can be used on big repos with lots of open branches. Perhaps by
having some kind of specification of what revision/branch it should index.