Migration from Kallithea to simple git-repository

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:07:29 EDT 2015

Hi Andrea,

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Andrea Taini <a.taini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am proposing Kallithea as solution for our git-repo management, but our
> Organization will use it for national-critical scopes (Central Government).
> I would like to ask whether the git repository of Kallithea is integrated in
> Kallithea itself or if it is an external component to configure.
> In case it is integrated I would like to ask how it is possible to migrate
> to a simple git repository or to separate it from Kallithea in case for some
> motive will be necessary (no further development, not solved bugs essential
> for us, different strategy) to use another solution.
> That info is fondamental for us as soon as we have to warranty that the
> projects should be continuosly mantained for (eventually) decades.
> Thank you for your help!

The repositories used in Kallithea are all hosted on the filesystem as
regular git repositories. At any time you can stop using Kallithea,
and use the git repository standalone or through another tool.

Of course, information about pull requests, comments given on the
code, etc., which is stored in the Kallithea database and not in the
repositories, would not 'survive' if you stop using Kallithea.

Best regards,
Thomas