Journal view: Possibility to filter out various actions from the view, such as the "pulled from..." action?

Christian Stimming Christian.Stimming at sick.de
Mon Jun 8 05:29:27 EDT 2015

Dear community,

in the default configuration, the "journal" part of the kallithea web page
notes all the various actions per day. The actions include "user xy pushed
into A/B", and "xy started following A/B", and "xy pulled from A/B".

Is there any possibility to filter out some of the actions here? In
particular, the "pulled from..." action IMHO starts to make this page a
rather bad overview of what's going on. I'm thinking of repositories with
tens or hundreds of developers, each pulling several times per day. The
actual pushs will be almost invisible on that default journal page because
it will list the hundreds of pulls.

Also, depending on the social context it might actually be not desired to
notify each other whether a pull has happened or has not happened. (I'm
thinking of workplace regulations in some contries, e.g. Germany,
"Leistungs- und Verhaltenskontrolle", where there might be information
privacy regulations to publically list only the pushs but not the pulls.)

Is there any configuration option to have such actions be removed from the
journal? I didn't find anything in the documentation and neither in the
issue tracker. I also tried browsing through the python code in
model/journal.py but didn't find any hints there as well.

Thank you very much for any pointers for further discussion!

Best Regards,

Christian Stimming

SICK AG
Merkurring 20
22143 Hamburg, Germany

Phone +49 40 611680-216
Mobile +49 172 4195232
mailto:christian.stimming at sick.de
-

SICK AG - Sitz: Waldkirch i. Br. - Handelsregister: Freiburg i. Br. HRB
280355
Vorstand: Dr. Robert Bauer (Vorsitzender)  -  Reinhard Bösl  -  Dr. Mats
Gökstorp  -  Dr. Martin Krämer  -  Markus Vatter
Aufsichtsrat: Gisela Sick (Ehrenvorsitzende) - Klaus M. Bukenberger
(Vorsitzender)