[meta] Sending pullrequest and/or issue notifications from Bitbucket to the mailing list

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Jul 22 10:12:15 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 01:23 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>> On 07/18/2015 10:04 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>>> Currently, the Kallithea mailing list does not receive e-mails when
>>> new pull requests for Kallithea are created on Bitbucket, nor when
>>> comments are added to such pullrequests, nor when issues are created
>>> or commented on.
>>>
>>> In my opinion, to grow a healthy Kallithea community, this should be
>>> changed.
>>
>> The best solution to this might be to implement cross site pull requests to
>> our own kallithea ;-)
> True, but it is not there yet

Neither are the alternatives ;-)

> Short-term, I see three solutions:
>
> 1. leave the current situation
> 2. implement a solution with WebHooks
> 3. step away from bitbucket, for issues (Bugzilla?) and possibly for
> pull requests too (encouraging e-mail based contribution).

I am sure that requiring email submissions will make it seem harder to
contribute and will give less contributions. Not recommended.

I also think the current situation (where watching the
conservatory/kallithea repository is a separate step but easier than
subscribing to the mailing list) is fine.

I think alternative solutions will require more work than is justified
by the importance. But fine with me if someone wants to do it without
taking resources away from more important tasks ;-)