Introducing a Puppet Module for Setting up Kallithea

Robert Rauch robert.rauch at gns-systems.de
Wed Aug 26 12:24:01 UTC 2015

Am 26.08.2015 um 13:56 schrieb Mads Kiilerich:
> For us who don't know puppet, can you give a very short
> completely-for-dummies description of exactly what to install, what to
> run and where to look? Perhaps something like
> http://docs.kallithea-scm.org/en/latest/contributing.html#getting-started .

Sure, the following example would setup the latest Kallithea from PyPi
with SQLite backend listening on http://localhost:5000, assuming Puppet
is already installed (see
https://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/4.2/reference/install_linux.html for
installing Puppet):

 # puppet module install rauch/kallithea
 # puppet apply -e 'class { 'kallithea': }'

Normally, when using a Puppet Master/Agent Setup, the second command is
to be replaced by adding something like

 class { 'kallithea': }

to your puppet manifests. For a more interesting example, we use the
`config_hash` parameter of the `kallithea` puppet class to manipulate
Kallithea ini-configuration:

 class { 'kallithea':
   config_hash => {
     'DEFAULT': {
       'smtpl_server' => 'smtp.example.com',
     },
     '[app:main]' => {
       'issue_server_link' => 'redmine.example.com/issues/{id}',
     },
   },
 }

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to manage those settings, which
Kallithea keeps in its database backend. I would really like to
integrate this in the near future, but the problem is I do not know how
to manipulate these from, e.g., the command line.

> Is this something you ultimately would like to see upstreamed or should
> the docs mention it? Either way, contributions would be appreciated ;-)

I don't know... what exactly do you mean by 'upstreaming it' and what
are the pros/cons? In any case, the docs should definitely mention it,
as soon as it reaches a satisfying state.

Robert