mail server move: all should be well, but just in case

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Tue Sep 1 19:02:48 UTC 2015

Just FYI: Conservancy's mail server (dogwood.sfconservancy.org) died
this past weekend, and its impending doom was foretold.  I'd been
working for a few months making a new mail server
(pine.sfconservancy.org).

There have been new configuration changes to help with SPAM, etc.
Since this mailing list is hosted there, I wanted to let everyone on
this list know.  You hopefully won't see any impact (except maybe a
little less SPAM to the list ;), but just in case, please contact me
either by email on IRC if you have something weird going on with email.

The main problem I've been seeing is that I think some spammer had the
IP addresses that pine.sfconservancy.org are now using, so we're on a
few of the less reputable blocklists currently (e.g., Barracuda's).
I've been working arduously to get us off them, though.  If you find us
on any blocklists, please do contact me.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy