Kallithea meeting at FOSDEM 2016?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 12:46:43 UTC 2015

On Dec 24, 2015 12:55 PM, "Mads Kiilerich" <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:

> On 12/22/2015 11:54 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FOSDEM is a free-and-open-source-software conference held each year in
>> Brussels, Belgium. Upcoming edition is on January 30 (Saturday) and 31
>> (Sunday), 2016. [1]
>>
>> I'm wondering if there is any interest in having a meeting with
>> Kallithea developers during this weekend or the days before or after.
>>
>> It would be a great way to meet in person, but definitely also to
>> discuss on various Kallithea development topics.
>

> That could be a good idea!
>
> But also, there will be so many other interesting things going on at
FOSDEM. When most of us will have to travel anyway, wouldn't it be nice to
have more time and work more focussed? I hope things soon will be less
crazy here so we will have time to host something in Copenhagen or
somewhere else.

> Anyway: if you four will be at FOSDEM and be willing to spend some time
on Kallithea, I will try to make it too.

I was not envisioning meeting for one hour and then saying goodbye. For me,
the sessions at FOSDEM are entirely optional and I can spend an entire day
for Kallithea.
Or even, as I hinted in my mail, it could be before or after FOSDEM, for
example on Friday 29 or Monday 1. While I first would need to get approval
for this, there is a chance of getting free meeting space at our offices in
Antwerp (1 hour train ride from Brussels, office next to station)

If this is not convenient timing for you, we can indeed plan for a session
at another time.

Meanwhile, of course, Andrew was very quick in booking tickets :) so I
guess there will be anyway a meeting at FOSDEM already.
Andrew, when are your flights, and how flexible are they?

/Thomas