Proposal for TurboGears2 port

Alessandro Molina alessandro.molina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:19:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Alessandro Molina <
alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can see here: http://blackhole.test.axantweb.com/KallitheaMovie.mp4
> on my environment most controllers are now working, looks like only
> controllers related to changesets crash, so I'll have to investigate that,
> but I'm fairly near to having most pages properly loading and rendering.

And that has probably been fixed by
https://bitbucket.org/_amol_/kallithea-tg/commits/cbe3e2f73f80951785a34965983f773201278ea8
so also those seem to properly run and render on my pc :D

>From here on I would say that most of what I could and required TG
knowledge to hack it together has been done, it would probably require work
from a developer that has better knowledge of the codebase to detect all
critical parts and features that might not work anymore and so on.

Then when everything is working in "quick and dirty" mode I would consider
to start porting all controllers to TG routing, the benefit of the current
RootController._lookup hack I have done is that one method at time can be
ported while others continue to work through the _lookup hack as that is
only involved when standard routing failed.