Proposal for TurboGears2 port

Alessandro Molina alessandro.molina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:28:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire <
patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have specific tasks that you want to offload, don't hesitate to
> let me know. I can see if I have the knowledge to help with them.

Well, the knowledge I miss most is "what should kallithea be doing?" so if
you want to check the various parts, optional features, async queues,
scripts or whatever and report what's currently broken that great. I think
fixing things should be fairly quick, the issue for me is finding the
problems :D

> Meanwhile I'll already browse around and see what is not working. For
> example, I notice that opening the Changelog of a repository causes an
> internal server error:

Thanks, saw it, it's caused by the routing hack which works by replacing
parts of the processed URL with the action arguments.
This means that action arguments can only be strings as url can only
contain strings :D

In this case the method has None as default argument and None is not valid
part of an URL.

I'll try to manage a proper routing solution instead of trying to fake
standard TG routing like I'm currently doing.

> Regarding the database setup code: do you have an idea what needs to
> be done to get that step working?

Actually I didn't even try it, so I don't know what's wrong.

> Another task I add for myself is to read the Turbogears website and
> documentation

If you find anything missing or that is not clear feel free to ask, I'll
improve the documentation.