Problems installing Kallithea on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Feb 10 16:02:40 UTC 2016

On 02/10/2016 04:52 PM, Angel Ezquerra wrote:
>        File "c:\kallithea\env\lib\site-packages\setuptools\command\easy_install.p
> y", line 1069, in run_setup
>          raise DistutilsError("Setup script exited with %s" % (v.args[0],))
>      distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Setup script exited with error: Setup scrip
> t exited with error: Setup script exited with error: Setup script exited with er
> ror: SandboxViolation: open('build\\bdist.win32\\egg\\paste\\evalexception\\medi
> a\\MochiKit.packed.js', 'wb') {}
>
>      The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
>      that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.
>
>      This package cannot be safely installed by EasyInstall, and may not
>      support alternate installation locations even if you run its setup
>      script by hand.  Please inform the package's author and the EasyInstall
>      maintainers to find out if a fix or workaround is available.

Sounds like
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/183/cant-install-on-windows
and
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/187/installation-on-windows-fails

> - The server has the 32-bit version of Python 2.7.11 installed
> (whereas my laptop has the x64 version).

That is a problem - but I don't know if it is related to the first one.

2.7.11 broke one of our dependencies. The stable branch has a fix ...
but we haven't made a pypi release with it yet.

Try with 2.7.10 or use
http://docs.kallithea-scm.org/en/latest/installation.html#installation-from-repository-source