Turbogears2 migration: custom error pages

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:05:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Alessandro Molina
<alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Alessandro Molina
> <alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire
>> <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> More ideas?
>>>

>> I'll try to check it today before lunch.
>

> https://bitbucket.org/_amol_/kallithea-tg/commits/7e27305d248627d2e15bb2e8bdc3dbc84065c094
> seems to fix the custom error pages.

Thanks, for basic 404 it indeed works.
However, I discovered at least one scenario where it does not:
1. create a new empty repository (Admin->Repositories->Add repository)
2. from the new page, click Options -> Fork, accept default settings
3. from the forked repo page, click Options -> Compare Fork

In the original Pylons kallithea, a custom error page with a flash is
shown, with the solution above it is a real 404.
The url is:
http://localhost:5000/empty/compare/rev@tip...rev@tip?other_repo=empty-fork&merge=1

> Sadly I wrongly pulled from mainstream repository, so I also brought in all
> the changes from the current main kallithea repository, while I just wanted
> to pull your changes from the kallithea-tg repo. They merged without
> conflicts, but I don't know if something broke.

Content-wise it's probably fine.
I guess we'll need to cleanup commits before being able to integrate
it completely in Kallithea mainstream, so it's not a big problem I
think.

Thanks,
Thomas