Using css Mako templates to make the styles configurable

Angel Ezquerra angel.ezquerra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:40:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

this is something that has probably already been discussed but please
bear with me since I am new to Kallithea and mako. I've been wondering
about what would be the best way to make the Kallithea look
configurable. CSS is a bit annoying in this regard because it does not
support variables or anything of the sort. However it could be
possible to change the existing CSS and turn it into mako templates,
couldn't it? Then it would "just" be a matter of adding some UI to
select the colors of the different UI elements.

Would that make sense? Which drawbacks would there be?

Cheers,

Angel