Running the Kallithea tests on windows

Angel Ezquerra ezquerra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:34:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just tried to follow the instructions on
http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/0.3/contributing.html to run the
kallithea tests, where it says that I should do:

    paster serve kallithea\tests\test.ini --pid-file=test.pid --daemon
    KALLITHEA_WHOOSH_TEST_DISABLE=1 KALLITHEA_NO_TMP_PATH=1 nosetests
    kill -9 $(cat test.pid)

First, this is a bit odd. Is it supposed to 3 commands, 2 or just 1?:

I first tried running:

    paster serve kallithea\tests\test.ini --pid-file=test.pid --daemon

This failed with the following error:

    paster serve: error: no such option: --daemon

Removing --daemon, i.e. running:

    paster serve kallithea\tests\test.ini --pid-file=test.pid

there is no error and a lot of text is produced but in the end it
stops but the command does not end (i.e. there is no prompt for me to
type the following commands).

If I try to run it a s a single command, i.e.:

    paster serve kallithea\tests\test.ini --pid-file=test.pid
KALLITHEA_WHOOSH_TEST_DISABLE=1 KALLITHEA_NO_TMP_PATH=1 nosetests

I get the following error:

    Variable assignment 'nosetests' invalid (no "=")

So I'm sure I'm doing something obviously wrong but I do not know
what, since I do not really know what should happen. I also tried to
use the "--failed" flag to see if that would just re-run some tests
but I get the following error:

    paster serve: error: no such option: --failed

Any help will be welcome. Sorry I cannot investigate it much more on
my own, but unfortunately I do not have as much time as I would like
to devote to this :-(

Cheers,

Angel