Running the Kallithea tests on windows

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Mar 2 21:01:06 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 03:34 PM, Angel Ezquerra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to follow the instructions on
> http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/0.3/contributing.html to run the
> kallithea tests, where it says that I should do:
>
>      paster serve kallithea\tests\test.ini --pid-file=test.pid --daemon
>      KALLITHEA_WHOOSH_TEST_DISABLE=1 KALLITHEA_NO_TMP_PATH=1 nosetests
>      kill -9 $(cat test.pid)

It is telling that you _can_ run it this way (for some purposes with
some caveats). In the first line in the section it hints that you just
have to run the command 'nosetests'. That should probably be made more
prominent ;-)

But also, that page is for 0.3 - see
http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/default/contributing.html for
instructions that apply to the default branch.

It will not be possible to run tests on windows on the stable branch in
the 0.3 era ... but hopefully soon on the default branch due to work
from Dominik.