Turbogears2 migration: custom error pages

Alessandro Molina alessandro.molina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:43:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire <
patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the dotted notation is more common or a better strategy, we could
> also just switch to it?

It has some advantages as all template paths are expressed in relation to
python packages, so makes easier to reuse parts of the applicaiton.
When using /index.html it's not clear where it should be loaded from, while
kallithea.templates.index explicitly tells it's the index template from
kallithea package.

While TG supports templates by path, the best practice is to specify them
by package using the dotted notation.

> It produces of course more changes for now, so it could be simpler to
> postpone this to the point where we integrated to mainstream? Or use a
> temporary hack to support both.

I made some minor changes to the Mako renderer in TG to improve support for
apps that use custom extension for template files (TG2 by default takes for
grnated that mako templates end with .mak extension). Using those the
debugbar works correctly in Kallithea, I plan to release those with TG
2.3.9 before during June.