Turbogears2 migration: custom error pages

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:20:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM, Alessandro Molina
<alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire
> <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> If the dotted notation is more common or a better strategy, we could
>> also just switch to it?
>

> It has some advantages as all template paths are expressed in relation to
> python packages, so makes easier to reuse parts of the applicaiton.
> When using /index.html it's not clear where it should be loaded from, while
> kallithea.templates.index explicitly tells it's the index template from
> kallithea package.
>
> While TG supports templates by path, the best practice is to specify them by
> package using the dotted notation.
>

>> It produces of course more changes for now, so it could be simpler to
>> postpone this to the point where we integrated to mainstream? Or use a
>> temporary hack to support both.
>

> I made some minor changes to the Mako renderer in TG to improve support for
> apps that use custom extension for template files (TG2 by default takes for
> grnated that mako templates end with .mak extension). Using those the
> debugbar works correctly in Kallithea, I plan to release those with TG 2.3.9
> before during June.

Thanks.

Meanwhile I started rebasing the current changes onto the current
'default' of Kallithea upstream, which also includes all my changes to
migrate fully to pytest.
It was not possible to do a plain rebase due to the merge that
happened in between, so I had to use some grafting too. I collapsed
most of the initial changes that all relate to basic bringup of TG2.

I think it makes sense to continue using the kallithea-tg repo,
obsoleting the original changes. Then everything is still available in
one place.

I'll let you know when I have something to share.

/Thomas