Migrating Kallithea database to another database engine

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Jun 13 12:50:46 UTC 2016

On 06/11/2016 09:23 PM, Konstantin Veretennicov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In light of recent performance troubles with our Kallithea
> installation we consider migrating its database from SQLite to a more
> server-friendly engine. What would be a good database-copying tool for
> SQLAlchemy? So far https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sqlalchemygrate/ came
> out of my searches.

Yes, that is what is mentioned on
http://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/0.3.1/usage/performance.html . I
haven't tried it and it would be good to gather a bit more information
about pros and cons and howto.

Generally, we don't use fancy database features and I think it would be
quite easy to massage a sql dump from one dialect to another - combined
with creating a new empty database and make a data-only import into it.
(This might also be an outcome of the alembic thing Soren is working on.)