kallithea/tests/models/test_notifications.py test failure

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:20:48 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2016 22:13, "Mads Kiilerich" <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 08/02/2016 10:03 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

>> Is it failing like that on all the text mails, or only the new one related
>> to this change?
>
> On all.
>

>> I think my answer must be that I have no clue and don't have the problem.
>> Please, you can reproduce the problem - can you dive into it?
>
> What I already tried:
> - remove the added comments (FIXME) from the commit
> - remove the addition of the is_mention clause.
>
> With these changes, the problem still occurred.
>
> Reverting the changes in ref too fixes the problem. What I don't recall is
> whether the html files itself were fine or not -- perhaps the problem is in
> the comparison by pytest.
>
> I can't continue on this tonight, I can see if I can find more later, unless
> Dominik found it by then.

I compared the actual HTML files and they are fine. Only difference is
some trailing spaces on the '--' lines which is not present in the
ref.html.

Just noticed that you pushed a fix for that trailing space
(https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/commits/37d251842780b07999c7a7b71208c584471b6bba)
and with that applied I no longer have the escaped-quote issue.

Very weird and confusing, but all is fine now :)

Thanks,
Thomas