Turbogears2 Sentry configuration

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:06:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
> On 01/17/2017 09:44 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alessandro,
>>
>> I have a question related to Sentry integration. In the Pylons-based
>> Kallithea we have following lines in the ini file:
>>
>> sentry.dsn = YOUR_DNS
>> sentry.servers =
>> sentry.name =
>> sentry.key =
>> sentry.public_key =
>> sentry.secret_key =
>> sentry.project =
>> sentry.site =
>> sentry.include_paths =
>> sentry.exclude_paths =
>

> That is our own settings, read in kallithea/lib/middleware/sentry.py, right?

Yes, but the fields are passed 1:1 to the Client class of raven.

>> While in the Turbogears2 example this is just:
>>
>> trace_errors.sentry_dsn = http://public:secret@example.com/1
>

> What example is that?

It's what you get with 'gearbox quickstart foobar'.

> But a quick grep does indeed indicate that TG has sentry support built in
> through backlash. I don't know if it provides the same functionality as the
> thing we had - I haven't used sentry.

I haven't used Sentry neither, but I assume some of our users do, so
we need to know how to configure it. Perhaps our users just use the
basic setting of the DSN and then it doesn't matter anyway.
Or perhaps Raven will just read the config file anyway and we can keep
the entries there.

/Thomas