Turbogears2 Sentry configuration

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Jan 18 19:58:08 UTC 2017

On 01/17/2017 10:06 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

>> But a quick grep does indeed indicate that TG has sentry support built in
>> through backlash. I don't know if it provides the same functionality as the
>> thing we had - I haven't used sentry.
> I haven't used Sentry neither, but I assume some of our users do, so
> we need to know how to configure it. Perhaps our users just use the
> basic setting of the DSN and then it doesn't matter anyway.
> Or perhaps Raven will just read the config file anyway and we can keep
> the entries there.

I guess it would be ok to "assume" that backlash with sentry allow
pretty much the same as the previous explicit sentry support did. That
would just require an upgrade note saying that, removing sentry from the
source and from the .ini template ... and perhaps a bit of
documentation. That could perhaps land as an early changeset, even
though it would reference backlash that we don't have yet ;-)

If the assumption is wrong and it matters, someone will give us a use
case and some experience that we can work with.