Patchwork instance

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Jan 23 01:37:17 UTC 2017

On 01/20/2017 06:49 PM, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> On 20/01/17 18:40, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>> On Jan 20, 2017 6:12 PM, "Andrew Shadura" <andrew at shadura.me
>> <mailto:andrew at shadura.me>> wrote:
>>> I’m just letting you know I have set up a Patchwork instance at
>>> http://patchwork.kallithea-scm.org/project/kallithea/list/
>>> <http://patchwork.kallithea-scm.org/project/kallithea/list/>
>>>
>>> All patches submitted to this list will appear there along with their
>>> comments. The patches aren’t yet marked as accepted automatically when
>>> merged, but that’s work in progress.
>> While patchwork itself is a great product, shouldn't we work towards
>> using a Kallithea instance for contributions, and implement/unblock all
>> that is necessary to allow any contributor to use it?
> Sure, although as sometimes it is more convenient to use a patch-based
> workflow, we need a tool to manage the patches, and that tool is
> Patchwork. I think we could hook up bits of Patchwork into Kallithea so
> that patches create review requests automatically, but it doesn’t seem
> very easy to me at the moment.

I agree with both of you. It would be great to have it fully integrated
in Kallithea.

It would be "quite easy" to have PRs that are backed by a patch file
instead of a vcs diff. Also, if patchwork could try to 'hg import' the
patches to a 'incoming' repo, then it could create a real Kallithea PR.

It would be more tricky to channel email code reviews into Kallithea
review comments ... but could probably be done with usable reliability.

But until we have it fully integrated, I think it is great to try to
integrate with other products and learn from them.