Official Kallithea docker image

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Mar 26 21:42:53 UTC 2017

On 03/23/2017 11:53 PM, Dominik Ruf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using docker for a while now for my kallithea server and
> others have also mentioned that they are using docker.
> So what are the thoughts about creating an official docker image for
> kallithea?

I think most setups have "special" requirements. I thus don't think
there can be one official docker image. But it would be great to have a
collection of images that work for different cases - some simple, some
with lots of configuration knobs.

There might also be valid reasons to use something else than docker -
for example openshift of script installation on physical/virtual
hardware with salt or ansible ... and for running natively on macOS or
Windows instead of Linux ... or different Linux brands and different
databases and web servers and authentication and ...

So ... perhaps create a top folder called something like "images" (even
though that would be a bit ambiguous ...) and create subfolders there
for each contribution.

(I looked at existing docker images when upgrading celery and
paster/gearbox ... and decided to create my own docker config that
worked for that purpose. I could clean that up and contribute that too.)