Migration of Kallithea from Pylons to TurboGears2 completed

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Apr 10 00:24:13 UTC 2017

On 04/06/2017 10:55 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that the migration of Kallithea's backend
> framework has finally been completed.

Yeah, congratulations, and thanks a lot to Alessandro for helping
getting this started and doing a lot of the hard work, and also special
thanks to Thomas for finishing it.

I made it tough for Thomas, but the result has been Top Quality
Engineering. The migration required a lot of changes to the old code
base that has lots of technical debt, but we got these areas cleaned up
and left all the touched areas in a much better state than before. All
the changes have been thoroughly reviewed and pretty much fully
understood. The migration could have been high risk, but I'm quite
confident that it ended up low risk and that no significant problems are
waiting for us. (But still, I look forward to testing and feedback from
the community ;-) )