The future of this project

Dominik Ruf dominikruf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:41:20 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

this mail is overdue, but I always hoped it would get better. :-/
I know this is a community project and we all have other responsibilities.
So I understand that a request does not get answered instantly.
But for example my pull requests about 'repository settings' is now
literally waiting for YEARS.
Or lately my 'Port Kallithea theme to Bootstrap' pull request. I asked
multiple times for some feedback, but since 2 MONTH I got nothing. I
understand that reviewing takes time, but at least some kind of comment is
not too much to ask. And some pull request like 'catch MemoryErrors when
calling git diff' are really trivial.
This can not continue in this way. This project is now almost 3 years old
and we have very little to show for ourselves. In fact there were questions
if this project is actually alive (can't find the link right now). And I
can't blame anybody to think so. Kallithea has improved very little.
Version 0.3 is 20 month ago.

So my questions to you guys is this:
What are your future plans for this project?
Are there any chances that this project will start moving more quickly?
If not, I believe it has no real future. :-(
Which would be a shame. I have quite a few ideas for it and think it really
has potential.

cheers
Dominik