The future of this project

Long Vu long.vu at intelerad.com
Mon Jun 12 20:49:27 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Andrew Shadura <andrew at shadura.me> wrote:
> Hi Dominik,
>
> Thanks for this mail. This is something I've been thinking about too.
>
> On 12/06/17 17:41, Dominik Ruf wrote:
>
> Debian is now looking for a replacement for Alioth, which currently runs
> FusionForge. The replacement has to support SSH, which — with us not
> having merged the SSH support — immediately makes us worse than the
> alternatives, even though we have a benefit of also supporting Mercurial
> and having nice review tools. It's a shame, as being used by Debian
> could bring new contributors and breath new life into the project.

There is a PR for SSH support
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-requests/311/ssh-v8/diff

I also would like ssh support.

>> This can not continue in this way. This project is now almost 3 years
>> old and we have very little to show for ourselves. In fact there were
>> questions if this project is actually alive (can't find the link right
>> now). And I can't blame anybody to think so. Kallithea has improved very
>> little. Version 0.3 is 20 month ago.
>
>> So my questions to you guys is this:
>> What are your future plans for this project?
>> Are there any chances that this project will start moving more quickly?
>> If not, I believe it has no real future. :-(
>> Which would be a shame. I have quite a few ideas for it and think it
>> really has potential.

With, git, there's gitlab that can be self-hosted.  With mercurial ...
Kallithea is the only choice (am I wrong)?

So Kallithea has great potential.  gitlab has no mercurial support
while Kallithea does !  Another bonus right here.

I've tried submitting PR before but due to my unfamiliarity with the
code, it's slow for me to incorporate review feedback (I have 1 PR
waiting for me to incorporate feedback ... since more than a year).

But I can volunteer to test.

--
Long Vu | Build Controller | Intelerad | +1-514-931-6222 ext. 7743

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any