Future JavaScript charts library

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:09:42 UTC 2017

> Hi all,
>
> the top entry on our 'roadmap' is killing the last remaining parts of YUI.
> I'm now nearly ready to create a pull request that replaces YUI autocomplete
> with a select2 solution.
> AFAIS this leaves YUI flot (used for the repo statistics) as the last big
> remaining thing that still uses YUI.
> So my question is, has anybody thought about a replacement? Are there any
> favorites?
> To me D3.js seems to be the most powerful library. So, if there are other
> idea in the future, which will require more chart functionality, we would be
> prepared.

I have no specific experience with javascript plotting libraries.

When I look at the D3 example for a bar chart, I must say that I find
it complex and non-intuitive:
http://bl.ocks.org/d3noob/8952219

compared to (quick browser search) chart.js bar chart example:
http://www.chartjs.org/docs/latest/

The looks of the chartjs examples look pretty nice too, but as said I
don't have specific experience with any of it.

Best regards,
Thomas