PR firstline overflow

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:15:49 UTC 2018

Hi Dominik,

Just noticed a small issue on a pullrequest page in Kallithea: in the
list of commits, the first line of the commit message may overflow to
the right, over the labels with branch name, number of comments, etc.
(extra_container).

See screenshot in attachment.

It looks like the width of the 'extra_container' is not taken into
account in the width of the 'mid' column containing the commit
message, so that even with 'overflow:hidden' we still overflow the
extra_container.

I see there is a somewhat related commit here:
https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming/changeset/a11a5b0410435a29440a5b48c2a7e87f45179354

but I think it will never rule out the possibility of overflow, right?

Is there a particular reason for not making the extra_container an
actual column?

In the screenshot, note also that the bottom line of the 'draft' label
is not visible, because it overflows to the bottom and overflow is
hidden on the table cells. I think that the label should be slightly
smaller or the rows slightly higher, to fix that.

Best regards,
Thomas